- A previously unpublished short story called “Tendrils” was included in Under the Gum Tree, a literary journal of creative nonfiction, available in both digital and print formats. Published on April 1, 2020.
- “My 23rd Birthday and Other Stories” Kirsten’s first short story collection, was published via her own publishing imprint, Arabesque Press, December 2019.
- A previously unpublished short story called “Paris” was published in the FWS: journal of literature & art on October 28, 2019.
- The short story “Puberty” appeared in the online literary collection Prometheus Dreaming on July 11, 2019.
- The international, multi-lingual literary journal Levure Litteraire has selected three short stories for their forthcoming online publication, volume 15. “My 23rd Birthday” and “The Matriarch” were selected for publication for the very first time. The 2019 version of “Puberty” – a previously published story – was also included. Note: Forthcoming publication – expected 2021.
- A previous version of the short story “Puberty,” and a short story called “The China Line,” later renamed “My Grandma Helen’s China Teacup,” were first published in the iUniverse anthology She is Everywhere, vol. 3 Summer of 2012.
Published “The Fragrant Kitchen: Culinary Recipes from a Botanical Perfumer.” Originally self-published in December 2014/rereleased via her own publishing imprint, Arabesque Press, December 2018.
Published a graduate paper in the annual graduate history journal, CLIO: The Phi Alpha Theta, Rho Xi Chapter Department of History, College of Arts & Letters, California State University, Sacramento, volume 27, 2016. “Cruel Are the Pains I’ve Suffered: An Exploration of the Women Troubadours of France.”